How To Break Through Fear & Live The Life Of Your Dreams
Fear is paralyzing. Fear has the power to stop you from living the life of your dreams.
Fear has the power to stop you dead in your tracks.
When it comes to legitimate safety, this is a good thing. But when it comes to illegitimate safety, this is a limiting thing.
Let me explain what I mean when I say legitimate vs. illegitimate safety.
Legitimate safety refers to when your physical life is in danger and your instincts are kicking in to tell you so.
Illegitimate safety refers to when your fight or flight response turns on when you’re about to step outside of your safety net into a psychologically uncomfortable place. This could be caused from quitting your financially safe 9-5 job to chase after your dreams when there’s a really good chance that they could fail. This could be caused from jumping into a relationship amongst a whole lot of fear, for example.
For many, the fear that comes up in response to illegitimate safety is enough to hold us back from ever taking that leap.
So how do you move passed this fear to live the life of your dreams?
- Make a list of all of your fears that are stopping you from making that leap.
- Label them 1-10 based on how fearful they are for you (10 is highest).
- Write out the worst case scenario that could happen by taking this leap.
- How would you handle this scenario if it did happen? What would happen if you didn’t know the “how”?
- Recognize that even amongst fear & uncertainty, you have the power to control your response to any outcome. Trust that the universe has your back and will always sort things out.
- If you weren’t afraid, what would you do? How would things be different?
- What’s the first step you need to take to go out and do the thing you’re scared of doing?
- Get out there & do it!
Fear is a difficult emotion. If you’re finding that you need more help & guidance on how to move forwards to create a life or relationship of your dreams, book a FREE discovery call with me here.