HOW TO LOVE YOURSELF & YOUR BODY, NO MATTER WHAT!
Kiana Ng Yoga
“i love myself. the quietest. simplest. most powerful. revolution. ever.” – Nayyirah Waheed
Now-a-days, there is so much pressure from society for us to be a certain way that we often neglect who we truly are, resulting in us thinking that something is wrong with ourselves if we don’t fit into societies definition of what an ideal human being should look and act like. In a society where we’re surrounded with ideal body images and personalities, of course we’re going to think that who we are isn’t enough because society doesn’t teach us how to love ourselves. Society doesn’t teach us how to accept ourselves. Society doesn’t teach us that we are perfect just the way we are. As a child growing up in this society, we didn’t know any different, but as we grow, we must learn to reframe our mindset about ourselves. We must learn to love ourselves because what kind of a life will it be to live in a body that we hate, or to be someone that we hate. When you begin to love yourself, your whole world starts to fill with more love and less hate.
But how do we learn to love ourselves? Read the tips below to bring more love in!
- Use the Affirmation: “I Love Myself.” Everytime you wake up and are about to go to bed, repeat to yourself 3-5x “I love myself.” Mean those 3 words. Feel them warm your body and allow them soften your over-criticizing mind.
- Accept Yourself. A lot of our pain stems from constantly rejecting and resisting ourselves. That drains energy and can leave you feeling deprived! By beginning to accept yourself, you open doors to become at peace with yourself.
- Stop Criticizing. Our minds LOVE to criticize everything we do. This results in all of our actions appearing as not enough, which of course, leads us to not being enough as a person. Try catching yourself next time you’re thinking about something you could’ve done better and just stop. Don’t work yourself up over things you can’t change and start accepting them as they are (including yourself)!
- Be Patient and Gentle with Yourself. Reframing your way of thinking can take a long time, so don’t be too hard on yourself if you find yourself slipping into your old mind conditioning!
- Forgive Yourself. Forgiveness is extremely healing. Forgiving yourself over things from your past that you’re still hung up on can help you let them go and drop the emotional weight off your body. Understand that you and your body are constantly changing every moment, making each past moment no longer relevant to who you are.
- Compliment Yourself. Everyone loves compliments, and they’re even more meaningful if they come from yourself!
- LOVE YOURSELF! This moment can’t be anymore perfect for you to start loving yourself!