METHODS TO LET IT GO
Kiana Ng Yoga
We all have that one thing (or a few things) that we have a lot of trouble letting go of. Most of the things we need to let go of are thoughts or emotions tied to thoughts and experiences. It’s important to let these go and release them from your body.
Remember that everyone is different and you have to find what works for you, but below are a few methods that work for me:
- Journal – Journaling is a place where you can write and say anything you want without the fear of getting judged for it. It can be a safe place for you to vent, but also to get out all of the things you’ve been carrying, especially in your mind.
- Meditate – Meditation is a great way to work through your thoughts and emotions. If you’re trying this method, try to be only the watcher or observer of your thoughts and emotions; no judgement or resistance, just acceptance. Sometimes thoughts and emotions just need to be given your full awareness before they can begin to move out.
- Talk It Out – Another great method is to talk it all out with a trusted friend or family member. Having someone who can listen and offer their support is always relieving and lessens the weight on your shoulders.
- Practice Yoga – Your experience might be different than mine, but for me, my mat is where I sort through whatever I’m going through. For me, it’s similar to meditation with the only difference being that you’re moving. Movement in any form helps to release stuck emotions and thoughts from your body so even if yoga isn’t your thing, get moving in your favourite way!
- Get Artistic – If painting, drawing, or writing music is what calls to your soul, express your emotions and thoughts through this!