The emotions of shame through to pride are considered the “heavy” emotions as they all carry an energy that holds you back on some level because they operate at a lower energetic frequency. They also have a harder time building a strong awareness of the Self and can create lack of clarity for this reason.
The emotions from courage onwards are considered the “lighter” emotions because they operate at a higher energetic frequency that drives you forwards into a powerful place of healing where you can learn to make powerful, actionable, and sustainable choices. When you start to operate at courage or higher, this is where your sense of empowerment starts to grow.
We all operate at one of these levels. And you may also operate at different levels in different areas of your life. If you’re not operating at your ideal place, I want you to realize that it’s called a scale for a reason: you can move up levels!
So how do you move up levels?
Well, it all comes down to self-connection & choosing to tune inwards to look at your triggers, unhealed traumas, and unhealthy conditioned belief patterns. All of these things will specifically vary from person to person, but if you’re ready to shed light on these layers of yourself to be able to heal & release them, keep reading…
Self-Inquiry Prompts to Empowerment
With any self-inquiry work, make sure you’ve allotted alone time during this process because it’s deeply personal. When working with these prompts, you can use them as journal prompts and let your words flow, or you can do a contemplative meditation on the prompts and take note of what comes up. I recommend doing both! Do whichever prompt resonates most with you! 🙂
- SHAME: When did I learn that who I am isn’t enough? What are my shame triggers?
- GUILT: Where do I give myself because I feel like I need to, have to, and am expected to? When did I learn that everyone else’s needs come before mine? Who or what do I resent for continuing to take from me? Where do I feel guilty for putting my needs first?
- APATHY: What am I scared to feel? Where am I overwhelmed or confused? Who do I blame? When was I victimized?
- GRIEF: What loss needs to be felt? What future or should have’s, could have’s, and would have’s do I need to grieve?
- FEAR: What is my greatest fear(s) for this situation? If I wasn’t afraid, how would things be different?
- DESIRE: What do I want? If I could have anything in the world, what would it be?
- ANGER: What anger is repressed? If my anger was a messenger, what would it be trying to tell me? What is my anger disguising? Who is pushing my boundaries?
- PRIDE: What outcome am I attached to? What actions am I taking that are fear-based? Where am I lacking awareness of my ego? How are the other people involved being effected by my actions? How am I certain?
- COURAGE: If you were an observer of your situation, what would your observations be? How can I use my courage to take action and make it happen? What would courage have me do?
- NEUTRALITY: What am I not ready for?
- WILLINGNESS: What am I willing to do?
As things start to come up for you, don’t hold back any emotions that come with them. Remember, you’re committed to doing the work that’s required to move forwards on your empowerment journey to live powerfully. When you hit a challenging moment or get stuck, ask yourself this: What would courage have me do in this moment?
If you’re feeling the pull for specific guidance during this process and want help moving up a level into a place of empowerment, book a call with me here and I’ll be with you every step of the way.