THE PURIFICATION OF WATER
Kiana Ng Yoga
Water is a natural purification and cleansing system, not to mention its many other benefits! To fully experience these benefits, we are supposed to drink around 8 cups of water a day. Do you? If not, I’m sure the benefits below will motivate you to drink more water!
- Clearer Skin. Water acts as a purification system to flush out toxins that can clog our pores and cause acne!
- Weight Loss. A lot of the time our thirst is mistaken for hunger, causing us to eat when we should be drinking water! Studies show that people who drink water before a meal lose weight faster than those who don’t due to the fact that water can fill you up.
- Helps Digestion and Elimination. Through dissolving fats and fibers, water helps flush waste products out and reduces constipation.
- Improves Mood. Studies show that any rate of dehydration negatively impacts the mind. By drinking water, your state goes up!
- Prevents Headaches. Lack of water is strongly related to the cause of headaches and migraines. Studies show that most people experience relief from headaches within 30 minutes after drinking water!
- Increases Energy. Staying hydrated can help increase your energy, especially after a workout.
- Protects Cartilage & Joints. The cartilage surrounding our bones is made up mostly of water so to keep this healthy, we need to stay hydrated.
- Helps With Your Hangover. Hangovers are caused from dehydration. So having a glass of water with each drink you have will keep you hydrated and prevent the pain of the morning after!
- Clears Congestion. Diffusing water and inhaling the steam helps to remove congestion!
- Balances Our Fluids. Our bodies are made up of around 60-70% of water, meaning that the more water we drink, the more easily the water in our bodies can do the job it’s meant to do!