TUTORIALBoth Big Toe Pose
Kiana Ng Yoga
This pose is commonly seen in the Ashtanga series. It involves core balance and open hamstrings!
- Start in Plow pose position with arms extended overhead with fingers around big toes
- Using momentum and a push off your toes, exhale to rock yourself up into the pose
- Inhale to lengthen the spine and draw the shoulders back
- Exhale to settle into your drishti gaze
- Navasana (Boat Pose)
- Padangusthasana (Hand to Toe Pose)
- Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Fold)
- Use a strap around the feet if not yet open enough to hook big toes
- Start in Navasana with bent knees, spine long, and then work at extending the legs with control
- Rock up from Plow pose to bent-kneed position first (instead of going right into straight legs). Pulling the heels to the seat with help shift the weight up
- Take it a step further with Urdhva Mukha Paschimottanasana!