Kiana Ng Yoga
This pose is a deep fold and really works on the opening in your hamstrings, inner thighs, and hips! Great prep. pose for Tittibhasana A.
- Start in Wide Legged Forward Fold with a slightly narrower stance.
- Exhale to fold forwards between the legs.
- Hook your hands (the webbing between index and thumb) on the backs of your heels.
- Take a slight bend in the knees.
- Using the grip on your heels, start to wiggle your shoulders behind the knees.
- Inhale to lift the arms to attempt to form a bind on your lower back.
- Exhale to begin to straighten the legs while keeping the shoulders behind the knees.
- Gaze is upwards towards belly.
- Prasarita Padottanasana I (Wide Legged Forward Fold 1)
- Upavistha Konasana (Seated Wide Legged Forward Fold)
- Baddha Uthan Pristhasana (Bound Lizard Pose)
- Baddha Trikonasana (Bound Triangle Pose)
- Malasana (Garland Pose)
- Use a strap to bridge the gap between hands for working the bind.
- Tittibhasana A (Firefly Pose)