Kiana Ng Yoga
Upward plank pose or reverse plank is great to open up the front body in the opposite way of chaturanga. Make sure to warm up your shoulders and wrist before doing this pose!
- Start in Dandasana (staff pose).
- Plant your hands slightly behind you so that you’re leaning backwards a little with the fingers pointing forwards.
- Squeeze your legs together and point your toes.
- Bend your elbows a bit to avoid hyperextending them.
- Take an inhale to lift your hips up to the sky.
- Press your heels into the earth and hug your shoulders back to lift through the heart.
- Squeeze your glutes for extra lift and support.
- Option to drop your head back to open through the throat.
- Staff Pose (Dandasana)
- Plank Pose
- Bridge Pose (Setu Bandha Sarvangasana)
- Dhanurasana (Wheel Pose)
- Prone Shoulder/Pec Opener
- Locust Pose (Shalabhasana) with hands interlaced behind back
- Reverse Table
- Forearms instead of hands