TUTORIALRevolved Half Moon
Kiana Ng Yoga
Parivrtta Ardha Chandrasana
Unlike half moon pose, revolved half moon has squared hips and is a twist through the abdomen, which helps release toxins while bringing you physical and mental focus.
- Start in a lunge with your finger tips on the ground a few inches ahead of your front foot.
- Push off your back leg to lift it up behind you to hip height so that you’re now balancing on the front foot.
- Adjust your hands so that they’re right underneath your shoulders.
- Hips are square; focus on dropping the hip of the lifted leg down to level them off and to point the foot straight down.
- The lifted leg is active as you flex the foot and straighten the leg like you’re kicking through a wall.
- Bottom leg is strong and stable.
- Inhale to lengthen your spine forwards.
- Exhale to twist in the direction of your standing leg, extending the top arm towards the sky. Use your core to twist, leaving your legs unchanging, and work at stacking shoulder over shoulder.
- Gaze can move upwards towards the lifted hand.
- Crescent Lunge
- Crescent Lunge with a prayer twist
- Warrior III (Virabhadrasana III)
- Place hands on blocks if you have tight hamstrings.
- Leave the lifted hand on your hip.
- Float the bottom hand off the ground.
- For an advanced variation, find a reverse bind with your arms around the standing leg.