Would You Rather: Group or Private Lesson?
In-studio group classes and 1-on-1 private yoga lessons both have their benefits. Depending who you are and what you’re looking for, you might prefer one over the other!
Both ways of practicing are great and can offer you different experiences. The table below can help you figure out which would benefit you the most:
In-Studio Group Classes:
• Practicing with a group of other yogis creates a comfortable feeling of inclusivity & community
• Opportunity to meet others
• Possibility for increased sense of motivation
• The “vibe” of moving with others is different than a 1-on-1 session and, depending on which class you go to, you may prefer this vibe over the vibe of a private lesson
1-on-1 Private Lessons:
• No travel time (can practice in comfort of own home)
• Receive customized & modifiable lessons tailored specifically to your needs
• Ability to ask more questions
• Receive small and specific adjustments and tips that you won’t get in a group class
• Options to do lessons online from anywhere in the world
• Can practice as often as you’d like with your favourite teacher, if they give you recordings of your online sessions
So as you can see, there’s pros for both options. Which do you prefer? Drop it in the comments!
If you’d like to join me in one of my group classes, head to my about page here for my full schedule.
If you’d like to work with me 1-on-1, check out my Master Your Yoga program here that allows you to receive 1-on-1 sessions tailored to your needs from anywhere in the world.